Thirteen Questions for Alanna Holder Riches of Let The Butler Do It!
1. In business since: I have been in business as a licensed cosmetologist for 35 years. I also work in the theatre as a dresser and the film industry as a hairstylist. Last year, I graduated from the Charles Macpherson Academy for Butlers and Household Managers in Toronto.
2. What exactly do you do: Butler service has been a treasured hallmark experience for over 100 years. From a perfectly pressed suit ready for an important meeting, to cooking healthy meals for your family, to making sure the house runs smoothly and safely, no request is too large or too small. My services range from full time care to hourly rates for home services. Basically, if you have elderly parents or loved ones who needs extended care or if your lifestyle demands constant attention, I’m here to be your helping hands. Butler service ensures that unique preferences are understood and addressed flawlessly.
3. Who will we meet when we visit your business (staff): You will meet me. Let The Butler Do It is a new concept. I look forward to uncovering its need in todays marketplace.
4. You started this because: With so much of our society being touched by the effects of daycare shortages, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, the need for better home care is apparent.
5. Your motto/vision statement: You are never so tall as when you bend to help someone up.
6. Most gratifying moment: My most gratifying moments are when I’m being told that my work brings dignity to those I’m helping or when an event has gone perfectly without any problems. I like that; I feel it gives my life purpose.
7. What Inspires you? What is your biggest inspiration or influence?: People overcoming the obstacles that stand in their way inspires me to strive to be more, to give more of myself and to achieve the goal at hand.
8. What are some of your company’s milestones, awards, events and special celebrations? As I am just starting this venture, I’m not sure how to answer this question. Ask me the same question in a year.
9. What causes / charities / local events do you support? In the past, I was involved with the Helping Hands Centre of Brandon when I lived there. I give my support to the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada. I also donate items to Siloam Mission.
10. What business-related story do you tell at dinner parties? Privacy is a very important faucet of my work. I wouldn’t be discussing my work at a dinner party.
11. If you could tell your customers one thing about your business that they don’t know, what would it be? I would tell my customers that the butlers job is different in every situation. The job description is what you need or want it to be.
12. What do you hope your customers experience when they walk in the door? I would hope that my customers experience first class assistance for all their needs and concerns.
13. Plans for the future? I see myself working with a family or individuals in a formal or semi formal environment. Being of service to those who can truly benefit from having someone like me in their lives.