13 Questions for Monique L. Dorge of MML Consulting
1. In business since: February 1999
2. What exactly do you do: I am
– a Hawaiian Huna Kane practitioner & teacher – clients hear me speaking to their Higher Self as I massage the body. Any discomfort experienced is merely the body’s way of advising that things may be out of balance. This brings about wholeness in body, mind and spirit.
– a hypnotherapist – Hypnotherapy uses specific languaging & processes to heal attitudes, beliefs or memories that may be getting in the way of a wonderful, happy, productive, and happy life.
– a Practitioner & teacher of Psychosomatic Therapy, which is a process by which clients come to a greater understanding of how the incorrectly repeated use of body parts leads to the “issues in the tissues”. With that knowledge, clients can make changes in posture, stance & structure to strengthen the whole being.
3. Who will we meet when we visit your business (staff): I work alone, so you would see my lovely smiling face greeting you at the door.
4. You started this because: I had been on the brink of self-destruction. After getting help from the medical community, I went further with Huna Kane. I decided to become a Huna Kane practitioner/teacher and then added hypnotherapy to my toolkit. Later, I discovered Psychosomatic (mind/body) Therapy. I have grown immensely through the study & practice of all that I do. By extension, my clients also benefit from my growth.
5. Your motto/vision statement: I always do my best- without comparing to yesterday’s results or creating expectations for tomorrow.
6. Most gratifying moment: When I realized that the source of my problems had nothing to with the people in my life, but that it had everything to do with my reactions & interpretations of their actions/words. This was an enormous stepping-stone for my growth as a person (and ultimately, as a therapist)
7. Biggest inspiration or influence: My teachers – Nicki Farnworth, John Tozeland & Hermann Muller have mirrored my beautiful, loving nature & encouraged me to see it in myself.
8. Any celebrity customers? (local or otherwise): Some local and a Nashville performer and his lovely wife, however, I must respect their confidentiality.
9. What causes / charities / local events do you support? Siloam Mission, Winnipeg Harvest, Cancer Care, Movember, War Amps, Cheer Board, Mental Health, MS Society, Diabetes association, my church.
10. What business-related story do you tell at dinner parties? I may share, while respecting confidentiality, how clients have commented on what I have told them during Huna Kane sessions. It usually comes out as, “Have you been following me during my life?” They feel that I have the compassion to steer them where they need to go in order to gain health & wholeness.
11. If you could tell your customers one thing about your business that they don’t know, what would it be? I would tell them that working with me may put them on a wonderful journey of self-discovery which has a multiplier effect in their lives.
12. What do you hope your customers experience when they walk in the door? That my clients experience a sense of safety and comfort, with which they can open to clearing whatever issue is on their agenda for their visit with me.
13. Plans for the future? To facilitate more classes in Psychosomatic Therapy so that participants can achieve a greater understanding of their magical body-mind connection.