In a Perfect World
Interpersonal Skills for Life
In a perfect world, everyone would be good tempered, listen carefully and would consider the outcome before they spoke. We don’t live in a perfect world and most of us have not received coaching on how to communicate effectively, especially when interactions are difficult or conflicted. Today’s barrage of electronic communication can complicate how we understand each other. Communication is a series of choices focused on what we say, and how we say it. It also includes what we don’t say. In a Perfect World takes you on a journey through the dynamics of effective communication, highlighting interpersonal skills and how to say things in a way that maximizes your chance of having successful interactions. It is full of good examples and wonderful stories.
This book will help you:
• Assert your own views when speaking with others
• Communicate to deepen your relationships
• Confront the negative behaviour of others
• Manage your emotions and resolve conflict
• Choose the right medium to send your message
• Explore manners, apologies and letting go of bad situations
• Apply ideas to your own situations through checklists and exercises In a Perfect World is designed to help you reflect on your interpersonal skills and key relationships and encourage you to take the time and effort with those relationships that matter.
We all have the opportunity during our time on earth to create our best and most perfect life. Want to change things? Start today!
Pat Hirst is a speaker, trainer, and mediator. She believes that evolving our communication skills and resolving conflict is the key to great relationships.
Through workshops, retreats and keynotes she shares strategies and tools to coach people to create the life they chose. Pat received her Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from the University of Manitoba and her Certificate in Adult Education from St. Francis Xavier University. She has instructed with the Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University in Toronto, and the University of Winnipeg. She received her training in conflict resolution from Mediation Services in Winnipeg.
Her client list includes private and public organizations in a variety of sectors. She is also a member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers. Pat lives in Winnipeg and spends her spare time reading, being outdoors, and connecting with friends.
For information visit www.pathirst.com.